05 October 2008

Spiritual Life Week

This week is Spiritual Life Week. During this time, speakers come to Singapore and ICS to share a message with the students. Every morning this week, we will have chapel. This is a week where students are challenged to grow in their faith and where many others make a decision to follow Christ. Our middle school principal challenged the students to a technology fast, no computers, no TV, no movies, no video games, no cameras and no MP3 players. As you can imagine, many of the students were aghast at the mere thought of it. This is not something mandatory, but our principal suggested it so that the students would have more time to devote to thinking through and processing through some of the things they learned that day. Some of the teachers, myself included, are going to join in this challenge. I think it will be difficult to do, but I'm looking forward to seeing how God will use this time that is devoted to Him to teach us.

I ask that you would pray with and for us this week.
Pray for the hearts of the students, that they would hear with open hearts and minds.
Pray for the students who know Jesus, that they would grow closer to Him.
Pray for the students who do not yet know Jesus, that they would be moved to join the family of believers this week.
Pray for the speakers, that they would be messengers of God.
Pray for the discipline to fast from technology for four days (Monday-Thursday).

Thank you for partnering with us this week. :)

P.S. I won't be turning on my personal computer all week, so if there is something urgent that you need to tell me, please call me on the phone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds awesome! I don't realize how much Time I spend with technology. I will be praying for you and your students, and look forward to hearing how the Lord draws each of you closer to Himself as a result.

Love,
Kristin